Sonntag, 27. September 2009

Autumn is Here


Autumn has begun. Will the heat ever go away? Since school time started, I should tell you how my last three days were spent.

Monday was a nice day. For lunch, my cousin treated me and few others to Korean BBQ. In the evening, I met up with Susan and Jigger, and we shared some Genki Living. Tuesday was an errands day with Jigger. Wednesday--I don't remember Wednesday. And of course, I had some TV time with Mitch, and that's how it went down.

Thursday was the first day of school. Whoa. Over the course of the summer, I received some notices that nudged a thought into my mind--"Maybe the finance thing isn't for you." What did that mean to me? Change, it's time for change. So that's what I decided. I decided to change my major for the last time--yeah, it better be the last time or I'll never finish--to communications.

So what was I to do with the business classes that I was registered for? Drop them. But I wasn't planning on dropping them unless I had a class to fill their place. Furloughs or not, it's tough to add classes that you're not registered for. How was I going to do this? Prayer and faith--lots of it.

I wasn't going to worry, though I had much reason to. I had a reason to worry about what classes to add and when I should add them. I was going to worry about if the professors were nice or not, how much work they were going to assign, if there was space to add, were students going to drop, how spread apart these classes that I had planned to add. The list is really long, but I placed my faith in God--who knows my needs and who is the great Provider. Did I have a reason to worry about my future classes, when I knew that God is the God who provides all needs for all things and people? Totally meditated on His Word, see previous links please.

Prayer began when I decided to change my major. Prayer began when I started to worry about class schedules and petitions. Prayer began as I went to bed six hours before I had to wake up again. Prayer began before I stepped foot on campus. That is what made all the difference.

My schedule this fall happened not because of a decided path, a desperate face, nor a determined will. It was because my God supplied my needs. A major ptL!

Another ptL: This past Saturday was wonderful! My family and I, including Nicole, went back to the apple orchards of Oak Glen and its surroundings! If you haven't been, I suggest you go because it is loads of fun! If I had to sum it up in five words or less--FarmVille in real life! Law's breakfast buffet and their famous apple cider in a jug, Snow-Line's apple picking, sampling, and donut-ing, and more!

Browsing Antiques
Apple Donuts
Mitch and Soda Posters
The Mom and Apples
Forgotten and Rotten
Naturally Sun-dried RaspberriesThe Mom showing the Dad what he missed
FarmVille for the Mom
Apple Cider Enthusiasts
Being Brothers
Kids' Fall in Love
Oddly Shaped Gourds
Big Mac Pumpkins

P.S. I'm still praying for one more class--MHR 318 at 10:00a-11:50a. Please pray with me!

1 Kommentar:

krissamartinez hat gesagt…

you are so funny with the farmville stuff! looks like you had a wonderful time there. i gotta check that place out!

it was great seeing you last night!