Samstag, 10. Januar 2009

Vulnerable

A simple life can be attained by being vague about everything. If you could pretend as if the world is as it should be, you could possibly have a happy and carefree life. If the tough times rolled along, then you could sleep it off and wake up to a new slate.

Who am I kidding? I thank my Savior everyday from waking me up from that terrible nightmare. Being vulnerable to the Truth of God is mos def the way to live. I love that His Word is as sharp as a double-edged sword. It shows me my heart and thoughts--the capacity of sinfulness that can be contained. It points me to the Cross, where all my sins hang, and to the God who saved me from my wretched self. It brings me hope in the midst of trials that all is loss for the sake of knowing Him and sharing Him with others. Oh, how I love Thee!

For these reasons, and more, I am able to make myself vulnerable to His piercing Truth for personal growth in love for God and for people--the ones I know and the ones I will come to know.

Keine Kommentare: