I missed something today. I failed to see that my Grandma was sad to leave our home after staying with us for two weeks. How could I have missed that!? During those two weeks, we had some bonding time, to the max! Yes, I admit that most of it was errand related, but those were the best times I have had running them! Every morning, we would have breakfast, then sit and talk about the good ol' days. After an hour's worth of jibbering and jabbering, we would stare at eachother and laugh because we had no idea what to do that day! We would think about what we would have for lunch and dinner while our stomachs were full with foodies, then get ready to have lunch and go to the market. Our days were simple and fun--they were simply fun and full of smiles, but not all days.
On rare occassions--like once a week--sadness overcame her heart and flowed onto her face so that you could see. These days were hard, it reminded me of my Lola. My Grandma would start to question the unfathomable will of God, for she does not understand Him. It scared and intimidated me to answer her question. I wanted to say something, but I hesitated for too long. Before I knew it, we had moved on to another topic. It came, it lingered, and it went--my opportunity to share my Joy, my Jesus, with her.
A day like today would have been a wonderful time to share my faith with her. Her face, so round, was so sad. She did not want to leave our home, but she has no choice. Although she goes to live with her son, my uncle, it would be well with us all to visit from time to time. Maybe then I will be able to share with her Christ's amazing grace and refreshing mercies that are new every morning.
How many times have you heard that we live on borrowed time? Everyday it becomes more and more evident. It is quite the humbling experience, revealing what Truth is and how to live worthily of that Truth. Why is it that it matters so much? We will all pass away soon, and what will we have lived for?
2 Kommentare:
is this the G-Rama that we prayed for on friday?
there, I took off the work verification, cause I think something is wrong with it, I can't leave a comment for Alex either.
Kommentar veröffentlichen