Samstag, 12. Januar 2008

Single Girls

Oh, this song almost embodies it all--keyword is almost.

Laura Jansen - Single Girls

I think you'd like my new hair. I cut it when you weren't there that pieces of us everywhere were falling down. My bed is now a girl's bed. Pink flowers under my head and pillows on your side instead of you. Because that's what single girls do, don't think about you. I'm reading books on meditation. Praying for my heart's salvation. I've got the motivation to be a free girl now. I've gone drinking with the guy down the hall, put up a new color on my bare walls. I'm so damn busy, after all. Because that's what single girls do, don't think about you. I keep trying. I keep trying to make my way back to the light where I belong. But God keeps lying. God keeps lying saying this is for the best, and nothing here is wrong. But I'm still thinking about you. I think you'd like my new hair. I cut it like I didn't care that pieces of me everywhere were falling down. One more glass of wine before I turn off the lights this time I'll be fine. I'll be fine. I'll be fine.

Okay, so maybe it doesn't embody it all, not even almost. Maybe I just like the music and how it plays. Maybe I just like the way she sings it. Maybe I just like the song. I think that's it.

Likewise, I believe that being single really is the best thing right now. There is so much more time! There is time to be spent with family members, besties, friends, co-workers, and alone time. It is liberty, it is life...a single life. Sounding a little selfish, I can spend time the way I want to, when I want to. There is no need for consideration of schedules, and useless bickering over unfulfilled plans and promises. But being single isn't all that selfish as I'm sounding. As was aforementioned, there is time. Time to listen, search, and find what God has truly called his people to do. His work is before the called singles of his Kingdom who are not made weary by the married and family life; there aren't as many concerns to please a partner other than Christ himself. I love that. People are difficult to please and deal with anyway.

But I must not be mistaken for not wanting a partner for life. It must be grand to have a husband (or a wife for the fellow). There must be upsides of having a spouse, such as: a constant confidant, someone to come home to, a lover, a hater, and an I-don't-know-what-else-because-I'm-not-married.

However, being single is just super. I wouldn't change it. I love being single for now, this day.

1 Kommentar:

Hazel hat gesagt…

oh my goodness, OTH is so good right now. well, at least haley and nathan are! i've never heard this song, but it sounds like a good one for us to dance to. i love you, girl!