Donnerstag, 31. Januar 2008

My First Time

I couldn't resist the temptation. There was only one thing on my mind and nothing else. Once it was out there, that was it; what else was I supposed to do!?

Today was the first time I locked myself out of my own house. Many-a-time have I locked myself out of my vehicle. There was:
  1. At Marie Callender's
  2. Marie Callender's again
  3. The Tibayan house in Diamond Bar
  4. 76 gas station
  5. The Tibayan place behind St. Martha
  6. In front of my own house
And then there was today. Read my story first. I was headed outside to do a bit of laundry; with the basket in one hand, I checked the first door to unlock it just in case I should close it behind me. Unknowingly, I opened the second door, locked it, and closed it behind me. That's when it hit me--oh, no. I loaded the washer and began to laugh. What else could I do? I thought about calling someone for help (since it was ten minutes before I had to pick up Mitch), but I remembered that my phone was in the house! In fact, everything was in the house! Good one, I know. There was only one thing I could do--wait. I had no choice but to wait for Mitch to come home and unlock the door.

That was my day, how was yours?

4 Kommentare:

Hazel hat gesagt…

oh bestie, i love you!

Hazel hat gesagt…

oh yeah, i never answered your question. well, my first week went well. i had to drop my archery class because of scheduling issues. but my comm and social work classes are going to be really interesting. the only thing is i'm going to be at school until 9:45. bummer, huh? but i'm getting used to it now.

andrea hat gesagt…

i too have locked myself out MANY times. so now i have a secret way of getting in because it's only a matter of time til it happens again. don't worry, i'll teach you...

My name is Frances hat gesagt…

You mean you have no secret tunnel that goes into your home? hahaha. I hope that doesn't happen to me, this new apt has a door that locks no matter what, Lord willing I don't lock myself outside while Elijah stays inside! Oh boy, I hope that never happens.
-frances t.