Donnerstag, 24. Juni 2010

Summer Time

Summer started on Monday, and I missed it! How did that happen? Finals are over, school is done; how did I miss the beginning of summer? I don't want to miss one bit of it anymore. Unfortunately, life isn't that easy.

I'd love to be young and care-free again, to watch t.v. 'til the break of dawn. I dream of driving off in the early morn for who-knows-what to come home in the evenings for an impromptu pool party. I want to spend a lazy day at home in my jammies, prepared for a marathon of movies and a series of shows to watch. I just want free time to do stuff. I don't care what that stuff is, as long as it has nothing to do with an eight hour obligation.

Oh, the taste of the real world, it is bittersweet. I don't enjoy the toil, but I do love the reward. This summer's plans aren't what I want, but it's God wants for me. This summer is for learning, for growing, for attempting to understand God's plan for my life. Let's see where this summer takes me; hopefully, I'll update more!

2 Kommentare:

cleofaye hat gesagt…

i totally feel the same way. man getting the taste of a 9-5 job is bittersweet. but i thank God so much for these little blessings and answered prayers! miss you! lets hangout again!

Hazel hat gesagt…

i miss you Bestie! let's get together soon! did i tell you my parents are going to the philippines next month?! let's have a sleepover!