
I love Saturdays. It isn't because it's my day off from work--by the way, I don't work anymore. I love Saturdays because after a week of watching loads and loads of television, we have time together as a family to try out places we've seen on our fave shows! It began Saturday, January 30, 2009.
My Saturday began with some t.v. surfing through my family's fave networks: FLN, Discovery: Travel, Food Network--you get the idea. Slowly, each family member woke up and moseyed into the family room and plopped onto the couch or the computer. Philppe's anyone? Yes, please! We all got dressed, except for Philip, headed out the door and hopped on the Metrolink.
Let me tell you, I love the train. It's nice to take it easy every once in a while. There are so many experiences to be had, like taking it easy, seeing faces ready for adventure, and the quiet, elderly couples; but there a few that I could do without. These were noisy children, people almost falling over on you while the train is moving, and overhearing CRAZY life stories. For reals. I overheard this one person talking about living in the projects of LA with a bunch of other people, mostly women. This person went on to tell experiences of jail time, the eye-witnessed murder of his mother, escaping to San Bernardino for a fresh start, and whole bunch of other crazy stuff. Crazy I tell you, crazy.
After the train ride, walked all over Union Station and made our way out to Philippe's. Man, this place is DEEELISH!! If you haven't been, you must--it's worth it. I was so excited to eat a double-dipped roast beef sandwich that I forgot to take a picture of the establishment. I regret not having eaten breakfast because of this, BUT lunch was soo worth it. My double-dipped roast beef sandwich, potato salad, and lemonade.



After Philppe's, we walked around Olvera Street and had ourselves more goodies to munch on. Yep. Churros, Mexican candies, taquitos drenched in avocado sauce, tamarindo juice, and horchata. We were so full from everything, we had to sit out and watch the world go by for a while. No pictures because I was feeling a bit slothful after the mouthfuls of yum. We could have walked around China Town too, but we'll save it for another Philippe's trip.So where to next? I don't know yet, but I'm sure it will be just as tasty as this trip. I can hardly wait!

2 Kommentare:
wow i love taking the metrolink...ive only gone once but i loved it! it made me feel like a city girl. yes we shall. i'm free mondays and wednesdays. maybe i'll come with you to school if you have it. and i shall see that stencil that reminds you of me :]i have much stories to tell you!
awesome! and you took public transportation, saving the environment one less car on the road! :)
miss you jacq!!
ps. the word i have to enter in is: noneflya hahaha. it's true, there's noneflya than you. ha ha. get it, no one flyer than you?
Kommentar veröffentlichen