Today was the first day I've seen my Grandma in a week. She looks so different, but it's still her. I don't think I can ever get over the way she looks--or anyone else for that matter--like she's sleeping. My Grandma's skin a bit darker than what I remembered, but I noticed that a bit of that cakey make up is on her hair. It makes me want to take some baby wipes to clean it up. While my Grandma lies there, she's surrounded by a whole bunch of red floras in different shades, her fave. Even her red lipstick is in place the way that she puts it.
The two, tiny boys saw her the first time in about a year; the first thing that Nathaniel said, in hushed voice, was, "Oh! Grama's sleeping." Adam just took a peek with no words or sounds.
Seeing my Grandma today reminds me of my Grandpa and my Lola. I miss them from time to time, but that's normal. Praise God for the comfort that He gives through His Word and through His people.
Keine Kommentare:
Kommentar veröffentlichen