Mittwoch, 28. Mai 2008

Love to The Brother

Although I am blogging an hour or so after Philip's birthday has ended, I sing to him a Happy Birthday.

You Surprise Me, Brother
Twenty-One: Oh my, how you have grown; you live on your own.
Twenty: You have a girlfriend.
Nineteen: Your first year of college, driving, and major surgery. You gave me a scare entering the freeway, college by your lonesome, and the hospital.
Eighteen: Con-GRAD-ulations, you have finished high school. You were meant for more.
Seventeen: You are a special boy, with a special love for those who are in your life. You have helped more than you have wanted to.
Sixteen: You shared a book. You opened the door to a new world of science fiction.
Fifteen: You started a new high school and made your new friends.
Fourteen: You started high school with your old friends. At the end of the year, you handled that news fairly well.
Thirteen: You were so good at basketball.
Twelve: You encountered the most important person you will ever know in your lifetime, Jesus.
Eleven: Good one, you started Final Fantasy.
Ten: All you ever played was basketball.
Nine: All you played was tether ball.
Eight: You mostly played was handball.
Seven: That mean kid on the play ground.
Six: Lola bit you.
Five: You had the afternoon session for Kindergarten. Then you were switched to the morning. Maybe you really do better in the afternoon classes.
Four: All you did was eat junk food.
Three: You ate all the Gummi Bears and the Barquillos.
Two: You were fat, like Buddha.
One: You were nice to look at.
In the Womb: I love you, even before you were out.

The past weekend has made it to my Top 5 Weekend List--even though I do not really have one. Why? Well, it is because I have spent it with my lovely brother, Philip. Wednesday night, Saturday, Monday night, and Tuesday night. I do not believe I will ever have enough time with him. I love, love, LOVE Philip.

3 Kommentare:

krissamartinez hat gesagt…

Jack! this is so lovely and heartfelt.

Hazel hat gesagt…

your lola bit philip when he was 6?! and all he ever played was tetherball at 9? wow. these facts do not sound real, which makes it more believable.

Hazel hat gesagt…

ate ria bought that balloon. yeah, it's pretty cool. i want it.